How to configure Canon Pixma MG2522 wireless setup?
Canon Pixma is the most popular model of this printer brand. This inkjet printer has a perfect size for home users. Pixma offers a simple interface with good printing speed. The user can configure his Canon Pixma on the device using cable or wirelessly. After installation, you can easily use the printer for your work. In wireless printing, you can connect the printer directly with Wi-Fi or share it on the network.
How to connect Canon mg2522 printer to Wifi?
Many routers (access points) provide an automatic connection button known as WPS. With this button, the user can directly connect to the Canon printer. WPS connection is the easiest technique to connect the printer device. Check the router for WPS and the network must be secured with WPA security protocol.
- Turn on the Canon Pixma MG2522
- Check the printer for Wi-Fi button and press it
- The lamp with flash blue
- Check the router and press the WPS pin instantly
- Your Canon printer may take a few seconds to find the network. The blue lamp will get steady when found in the network. If there are multiple networks then go to the Canon printer screen. Choose the SSID for completing the Canon Pixma mg2522 setup. If you are connecting the printer with an open network; check the configuration page. Take its printout and inspect the connected SSID and the Canon printer status.
Get Canon MG2522 setup driver on your PC
After the printer connection using WPS, you have to install the driver. The PC needs a driver to communicate. Without that driver, the PC can’t send the print job. On desktops, use the CD (if possible). Use the software CD and copy the setup. For installing software on other devices, get it from the Canon website. Download the driver for the Canon MG2522 printer setup which is compatible with the system. Now go to the device and run your Canon setup. After installation, try connecting the Canon printer to a shared network.
Canon MG2522 wireless setup using the standard connection method
If you can’t use WPS for connecting the printer to the network then check for Canon standard connection method. For this method, you need a PC that is on the required network and Canon software (driver). Use a CD or download a Canon MG2522 driver from the web. Now you can use that setup for printer connection.
- Run the Canon MG2522 setup and tap on Next
- The screen will show the connection method, tap on Wireless LAN connection
- You will see the Wireless LAN connection option
- Select Access Point Connection
- Canon your Canon printer for power lamp
- In PC, the printer will search for available printers (previously connected)
- Your Canon MG2522 printer won’t appear on the list
- Tap on the Printer Not Found option
- Hit Next and the Canon setup will start installing
- Choose Next and select Cableless Setup on Setup Procedure Selection wizard
- The Wi-Fi lamp will start blinking
- Setting Up wizard will appear
- Chose Next on connection completed tab
- Region wizard will be displayed
- Select The Region
- Choose the Language
- Click on the Next option on the EULA page
- Your software will be installed
- On the next screen, tap on Redetect option
The software will restart searching the available network. You will see the SSID and printer name on the Screen. For first-time configuration, tap on Execute and follow the screen. Finally, tap on Exit and then you can use the Canon printer on the network. For accessing printers on other devices, get the driver accordingly.
Canon printer setup MG2522 on Mac
Without WPS, you have to use the standard connection method for Mac. While downloading the setup, please check the OS. Download the setup which is compatible with Mac devices.
- Download setup and hit on open
- On Canon wizard, tap on the Open button
- Go to Initial screen and tap on Next
- Tap on the Install Helper button
- Select Wireless LAN connection on the connection method
- Select the Next button and choose Access Point Connection on wireless LAN connection
- Check the printer for power lamp
- Canon software will search for available Canon printer
- You have to tap on the Printer Not Found option
- Click on Next and tap on the Open button
- Select Cableless setup
- Press the Wi-Fi button of the Canon printer
- Setting Up wizard will appear
- Choose Allow on Access Key wizard
- Tap on Connection type and hit on Next button
- Select the Region and Language
- Click on the Next button and hit on Yes on the EULA page
- In Create an Alias on Desktop wizard, tap on Agree/ Do Not Agree
- Click on Download and Install option
Choose Add Printer option and click on Canon Pixma Network. Select Add and tap on the Next button. Follow the screen to complete Pixma setup on the Mac Device. Now send a print job from the Mac and check Canon for the printout.
Canon MG2522 Wireless Setup on Android Device
In phone devices, you can directly send the print command to the Canon device. The user only needs bridge software that can connect the phone and Canon printer. You can download the Canon bridge software from the Play Store
- Open the phone and search Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY
- Install the software on the phone
- Enable Wi-Fi on your phone
- Open the SELPHY app and go to Menu
- Use arrow buttons and click on Wi-Fi settings
- Choose Connection Settings
- Tap on the Printer Name
- Choose the Connection method (Direct or Access point)
- A printer wizard will appear; type the password
- Follow the screen to complete Canon Android setup
- Go to Menu and tap on Photo Print or Document Print
- Choose the Image/ Document and press the Print button
Check Canon Pixma for your printout. The PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app is also available for iOS. Install it and use the Canon printer reliably.
Get technical help for Canon Pixma mg2522 setup
If you are facing any queries while setting the Canon printer on any device; check for professional help. The Canon team provides 24*7 support for troubleshooting printer installation-related issues.